Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Are You Writing Now?

End of the month people. Time to post about goal achievements and failures. I have both.

First the failure. Yes, there was only one! *throws confetti* Wait, that should be reserved for the achievements. Oh well. I didn't finish rewriting Leaves of Fall. My heart just wasn't in it. It follows the girl meets mystery boy formula and while there is no romance, I just cringe at the idea of writing that kind of story. It makes me unsure as to if I will ever finish rewriting it. Maybe if I get bored enough one day. The formula may be overused, but the idea is unique.

As for my achievements. One was finish shiny new idea. I finished two. Yup, this past month I got hit with two shiny new ideas almost at once. And I managed to finish them both. I didn't abandon one and start the other. I feel like I've come so far in my writing because of that.


My other achievement, and this one I am so relieved and proud of, is I FINISHED BEING VAMPIRE! I seriously thought I was never going to finish that story. But two months of ignoring it and not thinking about and BAM! I wake up at 7am (very annoying btw) and know exactly what I am doing wrong. It was simple too. I just had to swap around some parts I had and fill in the blanks. Now it's sitting pretty at 62K+.

As for my goals for next month: EDIT. Snapshots, in case you missed it, has a cover and blurb. I would like to get it published by mid-July. That means getting it back from Lor and Murphy (thank you MB for your edits) and contact Cassie who proofed Being Human, look into a blog tour and other promotional things to kick off Snapshots' release.

7 comments:

  1. Failure: I totally did not produce enough pages or finish my revisions, but I had a baby and that took a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having a baby is a pretty good excuse for not finishing revisions. ;) Congrats!

      Delete
  2. I think Beth has a very good excuse! Congrats to you!

    Patricia, I went into this month focused on finishing my WIP, but like yourself it just did not happen! It wasn't through loss of interest though, I have had further inspiration so the positive out ways the negative for me, I think your 2 positives certainly do too! Great news to hear you completed Being Vampire! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those BAM moments when everything just becomes clear. Even if they always happen early in the morning...

    Congrats on all your achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing Being Vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for two shiny new ideas AND finishing Being Vampire! Good for you. May was semi-productive for me - not as much as I'd hoped, but I managed to get a decent amount done. I got my Are You Writing Now post up this morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! Go wifey go! \o/

    Snappy is gonna be good. Yep. XD

    ReplyDelete